Specialized care for a rare disease
Clinical Practice Guidelines for EB
Clinical practice guidelines are recommendations for physicians for the treatment and care of patients with certain conditions. The guidelines are based on evidence gained from medical science and the practice experience of experts.
EB-CLINET supports DEBRA International in undertaking a long-term initiative to develop clinical practice guidelines (CPGs) for EB.
Clinical Practice Guidelines
- offer instructions for adequate treatment based on the best available scientific evidence and a broad consensus
- ensure appropriate care and support the decision-making process in clinical practice
- encourage and provide suggestions for further education
- foster the efficient use of resources
- build a basis for quality control
- identify lacks in existing literature and encourage corresponding future research